Hard Water Problems
Limescale is a very common problem in water all over Ireland,no matter if it’s from the mains water supply or a private well. The effects of hard water can be seen in the kettle, on taps, on sinks, on shower heads and screens, and in toilets. Your crockery and dishes will become spotty, with a film build up. The areas that you do not see the damage done by hard water are in the central heating plumbing and the hot water tank (which is just a is just a bigger version of your kettle). Left untreated, hard water will lead to expensive repairs sooner rather than later.
- The copper cylinder scales up making it work harder and it becomes less efficient.
- Shower head scales up, sending water in all directions and reduces flow.
- Shower door & drainer becomes covered in lime mineral deposits.
- Lime scale deposits form on taps and sanitary ware.
- Scum is left on surfaces after water is drained away. This quickly forms a scum around the edge of the bath and sink.
- You use twice as much soap, shampoo and washing powders, etc.
- Descalers are needed to reduce limescale on appliances
How to Solve this Problem?…Fit a Water Softener!
The idea behind a water softener is simple. the calcium and magnesium ions in the water are replaced with sodium ions.
Since sodium does not precipitate out in pipes or react badly with soap, both of the problems of hard water are eliminated.
Water softeners come in a range of sizes both for under-sink and pump house installation and are available with both TIME and VOLUME initiated controllers.
Call Des at Uisce 4 U now at 061-351643 for more details or to arrange a site visit and consultation without obligation.