Limescale buildup found in many Irish homes.
Limescale is a very common problem in water all over Ireland, no matter if it’s from the mains water supply or a private well. The effects of hard water can be seen in the kettle, on taps, on sinks, on shower heads, shower screens, and in toilets. Your crockery and dishes will become spotty, with a film build up. The areas that you do not see the damage done by hard water are in the central heating plumbing and the hot water tank (which is just a is just a bigger version of your kettle). Left untreated, hard water will lead to expensive repairs sooner rather than later.
Uisce 4 U Lime Removal Filters will solve your hard water problem and save you money with a quick pay-back and return on investment.
Signs of Limescale and Limescale Problems
- Soap will lather poorly
- Skin can feel dry and itchy
- Lime scale deposits form on taps and sanitary ware
- Scum is left on sink and bath surfaces after water is drained away
- Electric kettles leak or breakdown from scale buildup
- Water heaters, dishwashers and washing machines will require frequent repair or replacement
- Tap aerators will clog, and water will spray sideways
- Pipes will clog with chalky white build-up
- The copper cylinder scales up making it work harder and it becomes less efficient
- Dishes and glassware will show water spotting or a white mineral haze
- Ice maker will break down and might require replacement
- Toilets, sinks and showers will be difficult to clean
- Shower head scales up, sending water in all directions and reduces flow
- Shower door & drainer becomes covered in lime mineral deposits
- You use twice as much soap, shampoo and washing powders, etc.
- Descalers are needed to reduce limescale on appliances
How to Solve your Hard Water Problem?…Fit a Water Softener!
The idea behind a water softener is simple. The calcium and magnesium ions in the water are replaced with sodium ions. Since sodium does not precipitate out in pipes or react badly with soap, both of the problems of hard water are eliminated. Water softeners come in a range of sizes both for under-sink and pump house installation and are available with both TIME and VOLUME initiated controllers. Water hardness varies in different counties but is a problem found throughout Limerick, Tipperary and the Mid-West in general. To find out what the water hardness level is for your area.