Limescale is very common in nearly all water in Ireland, be it mains water or private well supplies.
- The copper cylinder scales up making it work harder and it becomes less efficient.
- Shower head scales up, sending water in all directions and reduces flow.
- Shower door & drainer becomes covered in lime mineral deposits.
- Lime scale deposits forms on taps & sanitary ware.
- Scum is left on surfaces after water is drained away. This quickly forms a scum around the edge of the bath and sink.
- You use twice as much soap, shampoo and washing powders, etc.
- Descalers are needed to reduce limescale on appliances
How to Solve this Problem?…Fit a Water Softener!
The idea behind a water softener is simple. the calcium and magnesium ions in the water are replaced with sodium ions.
Since sodium does not precipitate out in pipes or react badly with soap, both of the problems of hard water are eliminated.
Water softeners come in a range of sizes both for under-sink and pump house installation and are available with both TIME and VOLUME initiated controllers.