A 2mm build up of lime scale causes a 20% inefficiency in your heating system so, an average heating bill of €1500 per year could save up to €300 by installing a water softener.
- The copper cylinder scales up making it work harder and it becomes less efficient.
- Shower head scales up, sending water in all directions and then reduces flow to a trickle.
- Shower door & drainer becomes covered in lime mineral deposits.
- Lime scale deposits forms on taps & sanitary ware.
- Scum is left on surfaces after water is drained away. This quickly forms a scum around the edge of the bath and sink.
- You use twice as much soap, shampoo and washing powders, etc.
- Descalers are needed to reduce lime scale on appliances